Coming very soon – A new Community Building for the Parish
Winscombe New Space (WiNSpace) is the working title for our Winscombe Community Association (WCA) project.
Click the button below to see the latest plans
Information Evening For Users and Potential Users
WiNSpace and the WCA trustees would like to invite you to an information evening at the Community Centre on Thursday 7th March, for an update on developments for our long-awaited new Community Centre. We are excited to share our progress so far, and to explain details of the project going forward, as the start of the build is only 6 months away.
Current Funding Gap is:
Are You able to help?
Please go to our Donation Page
- Special User Information Meeting 7th MarchWiNSpace and the WCA trustees are holding an information evening at the Community Centre on Thursday 7th March, for an… Read more: Special User Information Meeting 7th March
- WiNSpace Floor and Site Layouts are now being finalisedMore details for the floor and room layouts are now being sent over from our Architects B2. It’s amazing what… Read more: WiNSpace Floor and Site Layouts are now being finalised
- WiNSpace Design now in final stages before going out to tenderOur Architects B2 and our consultants for structural design, electrical design and heat management are now working hard to create… Read more: WiNSpace Design now in final stages before going out to tender
- Parish Council Survey Results are inDuring November and December the Winscombe and Sandford Parish Council opened a survey to gauge the support of financially supporting… Read more: Parish Council Survey Results are in
- Go WiNSpace 24 – WiNSpace receives £300,000 grant from the UK Government Community Ownership FundWe have just heard from the Government’s Department of Levelling Up Housing and Communities that the WiNSpace project has been… Read more: Go WiNSpace 24 – WiNSpace receives £300,000 grant from the UK Government Community Ownership Fund
The Trustees have agreed that we must deliver new facilities as soon as possible and are now preparing to start building in summer 2024.
However, with a huge increase in building costs over the past 18 months, we are planning a more cost-effective building, using a smaller footprint, but delivering the space the village needs. This will be by a phased approach utilising the south wing. But now you can really help to make it happen by donate to the building find.
If you would like to help with the WiNSpace project
why not click the link below and send us a message
After 40 successful years with our current buildings the time has come when we have to think about how we can preserve that legacy and take it forward by upgrading our facilities.
What the Parish needs has changed over that time and will go on changing. We now have a really exciting opportunity to find out what people want and create something special for the next 40 years!!
Our strategy is to apply for grant funding from national and smaller providers matched with donations from local individuals and businesses. In parallel, we are looking for construction companies to allow us to start the tender process and help us manage this key Parish project. We are starting a major communications exercise and fundraising activity. This will include open meetings, newsletters, website updates, posters, donation & funding ‘barometers’ and leaflet drops.
So watch out for these.
Click the logo above to go to our WCA main website
Our ask of you today
Spread the word. Talk to your friends and contacts about the project – we need broader awareness now
Can you or someone you know support us financially?
Send us a pledge of help from our website or email
If you are able to help in any way we would love to hear from you. Thank you