WHO OWNS THE COMMUNITY CENTRE?
- The Winscombe Community Association (WCA) was formed 40+ years ago, with volunteers running the centre for the benefit of the community.
- The centre and its grounds are managed by the WCA trustees but owned by the community. The WCA is for everyone in the Parish.
WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING?
- A development committee of the WCA has been looking into developing a new space for the village. We have named this project “WiNSPACE”.
Read about our latest news here.
- We want to do something great for the Parish by creating a modern venue with up to date facilities which will meet the current and future needs of the community.
- We plan for this space to be a hub for activities and a place we can take pride in.
WHY ARE YOU PLANNING CHANGE?
- The Parish has grown and changed a lot in the last 40 years and so has its needs.
- Our buildings are getting old and thus expensive to maintain, or even beyond repair.
- Often facilities are fully booked so additional groups are turned away, therefore we need more space to welcome in new possibilities.
- Current facilities are not purpose built or ideal for multiple uses such as; youth groups, drama, indoor sports, music and many more.
- The Neighbourhood Development Survey conducted in 2016 showed that the village supports action to improve the community facilities.
- Read more about why this will benefit our community here.
BUT WE HAVE OTHER HALLS IN THE VILLAGE…
- There are other halls in the village such as St Jame’s Church Hall and Woodborough Hall (‘the Scout Hut’). We have no wish to undermine these and have kept their owners informed of our plans.
- But the existence of these other halls doesn’t solve the problem of sustainability of our village community facilities for the future or provide what the village will need over the next 40 years.
WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE FUNDING FROM?
- We are currently looking into several funding options from lottery tickets to local and major loans, gifts and grants.
Read up to date information about funding here.
WHEN WILL THIS PROJECT BE COMPLETED?
- We are currently on stage five of what is a six-stage process, starting in 2014.
Read our up to date timeline and progress here.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?